Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just a little about me to get started...

Hi!

Umm, this is the first blog I've ever had and I have to say it's a little weird for me to be writing this. I guess I'll just start by introducing myself to give you an idea of who I am and why I decided to start this blog. I am 24 years old, I'm Canadian, I have medium-light skin, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. I started getting into makeup quite recently actually, when I first discovered the enormous makeup community on youtube, and I was so glad I did because I now realize that I'm not alone in my makeup obsession and I am comforted by that fact. I finally decided to start my own blog because, although I follow many makeup bloggers and youtubers I haven't found anyone else out there who seems to have the same makeup style as I do. For one thing I do not own, and do not want to own, an utter shitload of makeup. Watching all my favourite youtubers and bloggers, I am often amazed and astounded by the vast amounts of products that people seem to make it their mission to amass. Now don't get me wrong, my favourite kinds of videos are haul videos and collection videos, because I really do love makeup. But I do not believe in spending hundreds or thousands (I know some of you do!) of dollars buying out every new mac collection as they crank them out, just for the sake of it.

Basically, my philosophy is that makeup is a way of enhancing natural beauty, or for creating a mood. And I find that I see too many girls out there who's makeup wears them, so to speak. So this blog will be a place for my own humble product reviews, FOTDs, makeup musings and my own tips and tricks for enhancing beauty using makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment